In this article, you will get all the information regarding Elon Musk is considering letting Trump back on Twitter
dated: 2022-11-20 01:43:24 .
SpaceX founder Elon Musk looks on after being recognized by former President Donald Trump at NASA’s Vehicle Assembly Building. Photo: Paul Hennessy/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images
Elon Musk rejected 24-hour time public opinion poll he asked on his own Twitter on Friday night whether or not former President Trump should be reinstated on the social media platform.
Why it matters: Since taking over the company, there has been much interest in whether Musk will allow Trump to return to Twitter after a nearly two-year absence.
details: musk new poll on Twitter had a simple “yes” or “no” vote on the reinstatement of former President Trump.
- Musk responded to his own tweet Friday night by saying, “Vox Populi, Vox Dei” — a Latin phrase meaning “the voice of the people is the voice of God.”
- When the poll closed on Saturday at 7:47 PM ET, the poll had collected over 15 million votes. In the end, 52% to 48% voted to reactivate Trump’s Twitter account.
- musk he said the poll was getting a million votes an hour.
On Friday, musk said that Twitter would place less emphasis on “hateful” or “negative” tweets and that it had brought back some accounts such as Kathy Griffin, Jordan Peterson and The Babylon Bee.
- The decision about Trump, he said then, has not been made.
Context: Musk has previously used informal polling to drum up favor for plans he intended to implement anyway, Axios’ Hope King writes.
Flashback: Trump was suspended in response to “the risk of further incitement to violence,” the company said at the time, according to Axios. The decision came after pro-Trump mobs stormed the US Capitol to stop the confirmation of President Biden’s victory.
- When Musk took over Twitter in October, Trump said the social media platform was now in good hands.
- In April, Trump told Fox News that he would not return to Twitter and would continue to use his own platform, Truth Social.
go deeper: Disarray at Twitter deepens as Musk’s ultimatum lays off key employees
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to include the final results of Musk’s survey.
Elon Musk is considering letting Trump back on Twitter
Latest News by IlmHunt.com